WELCOME!

16 March 2013

Using Front Carrier


After we shifted to our current house last Sep, we are now about 0.5 mile (800 metres) walking distance from my maternal grandma's house.   Even so, I hardly get to go over because my

In my last post, I mentioned about Mom having bought the front carrier for many years but not yet used.  Last week, the opportunity to use it was finally here.

Aunt (mom's sis) who is staying with grandpawrents was on business trip so Mommy had to go over to help with some household chores [my grandpawrents are already in their 70s-80s with some immobility and they are not that comfortable around dogs.  My silly barking-at-people makes matters worse :(  ].  She didn't want to leave me alone at home because our next-door-neighbour is doing some renovations.  Alone at home with my separation anxiety PLUS the noise from next door, Mommy does not even want to think about it! She'd rather bring me along. Once there, I would need to rest (after the walk) anyway so she put me in my crate that she had brought over before (so I couldn't go around bothering my grandpawrents).

And so in the morning at my usual walkie time, Mommy and I would walk over to grandpawrents'.  But by the time we would go home, the sun would already be rather hot and Mommy worried that my paws might be cooked on the hot asphalt.  Don't forget, the weather over here is hot and humid! So it was time for the front carrier to be useful, finally.

Look! It was so bright and sunny!


 As you can see from the photos, Mommy hung me by her shoulder like a tote bag. 

She prefers not to 'hang' me in front at her chest like this as she thinks that being upright is not good for our spine.  But carrying me (about 16 lbs or 7.3 kg) on 1 shoulder is not an easy task for her so she would only 'hang' me in front when we were nearing home.


The back of her t-shirt was always wet from sweat every time we reached home using this carrier BOL!

psst...! Mommy said she might consider getting the Pawz Natural Rubber Dog Boots fur me. Then I can walk rain or shine and she would not be so sweaty carrying me heehee!




1 comment:

  1. All that planning just to go that short distance. AND just what's wrong with barking at everyone

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    SHE'd never be able to carry us that far....BOL!

    ReplyDelete

Woofs & Barks: